Subject: Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP) - Membership in Category 3 of the Policy and Coordination Committee (PCC) (2026)
From: "EURO Governance" <[email-masked]>
To: "EURO Governance" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2025 14:14:38 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on välisvõrgust saabunud kirjaga.
Tundmatu saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To the Member States of the WHO European Region

Dear Sir or Madam,

Further to the attached request to the Regional Director from the WHO Chief 
Scientist, Member States of the Region are invited to express interest in a 
vacant seat in category 3 membership of the Policy and Coordination 
Committee (PCC) of the Special Programme of Research, Development, and 
Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP).

The Policy and Coordination Committee (PCC) is the governing body of the 
UNDP-UNFPA-UNICEF-WHO-World Bank Special Programme of Research, Development 
and Research Training in Human Reproduction (HRP).

The membership of PCC is described in paragraph 2.2 of the MOU, and includes 
as category 3, two members elected by PCC for three-year terms from 
interested remaining Cooperating Parties. The term of office of one member 
in category 3 will come to an end on 31 December 2026. It will therefore be 
necessary for an election to take place at the Thirty-ninth meeting of PCC, 
which will take place in Geneva and on 22 and 23 April 2026.

The term of office of the newly-elected member will run from 1 January 2027 
to 31 December 2029.

Under the terms of the HRP MOU, all governments are eligible for election 
under category 3, except those that are already a member under Category 1 or 
Category 2.

For the European Region, the following Member States are members of the PCC:

• Category 1: Belgium (Flemish Government), Netherlands (Kingdom of the), 
Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern 
Ireland

• Category 2: Romania

• Category 3: Armenia

Once the member is elected at the April 2026 meeting, an invitation will be 
extended to the government/organization concerned to nominate their 
representatives for the three-year term of office on PCC.

Please submit your applications by 21 February 2026 directly to Dr Tana 
Wuliji, Head of the HRP Secretariat ([email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]>  and [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> ), 
outlining the motivation for applying, specifically noting work on family 
planning, research and development and in human reproduction and fertility 
regulation, as demonstrated by national policies and programmes.

For any inquiries relating to the process, please contact Dr Tana Wuliji 
([email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>  and [email-masked] 
<mailto:[email-masked]> ).

Yours sincerely,

Regional Governance and Languages Team

Regional Governance and Languages Unit

Executive Director’s Division

WHO Regional Office for Europe

Marmorvej 51, DK-2100 Copenhagen Ø, Denmark

 <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]